Weekend Wellness Coordinator – Women’s Transitional Housing
e4c is hiring a Weekend Wellness Coordinator in one of our Transitional Housing homes located in central Edmonton that provides supports for 10 residents! This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate individual who is interested in collaborative work related to social justice, social change and innovation! You will provide supports for women (ages 18+) who due to histories of trauma, related mental illness and addictions need enhanced levels of housing support. You will work as alongside and support Wellness Coaches in their work to develop individualized goals related to wellness for residents.
e4c’s supportive housing programs operate on the cycle of the day, drawing inspiration from the recovery motto of “one day at a time”. The model provides wrap around team staffing that includes clinical supports with a community-based approach, of recovery and sustained wellness of the resident. The focus of your role will primarily be related to personal wellness and modelling what it looks like to practice self-care, wellness and/or recovery.
Hours: Part-time: Saturday and Sunday: 2:00pm to 10:00pm (Due to AHS recommendations, applicants who are working at multiple congregate living or healthcare sites may not be considered.)
Why Join Our Team
- Engage with individuals in meaningful opportunities to positively impact those we support.
- In-house collaborative training opportunities to build knowledge, skills and tools relevant to your role.
- Opportunity to build supervisory skills as you will support weekend team members with programming related to wellness.
- Be part of a work environment that is dedicated to professional and personal growth through supervision, formal and informal feedback sessions.
In Your Role You Will
- Work collaboratively with Wellness Manager and support Weekend Wellness Coaches to bring wellness programming to fruition
- Coach and model wellness and self-care practices within the home and with residents.
- Coordinate and implement resident recreational activities that align with wellness plans.
- Approaches the work with vulnerability and intentionality to engage residents.
- Actively uses “self” and own personal wellness as a tool to build reciprocal, authentic relationships with residents.
- Communicate and receive information from housing program team regarding progress of the residents, significant changes in behavior, and any concerns/challenges that the resident is experiencing.
- Facilitates positive relationship building with neighbors, community and various other stakeholder groups.
- Promotes conflict resolution, positive communication, empathy and respect through positive reinforcement, role modeling and supportive listening with residents.
- Administers medication for all program residents.
Education and Certifications
- Diploma in the area of human services, education and/or administration and lived personal lived experience of addictions, mental illness, racism, discrimination, poverty
- Police Check with Vulnerable Sector.
- Child Intervention Record Check.
- Certifications (or willingness to obtain): First Aid and CPR, Medication Administration, Suicide Intervention, Food Safety.
- Certifications: Mental Health First Aid, De-escalation Certificate, Harm Reduction Training, Cultural Awareness
- Two years of related direct service work/lived experience
- Proven ability to foster a team environment
- Experience working in collaborative partnerships
- Working knowledge and experience with harm reduction, person-centered, trauma-informed, behavior modification, natural law, strength based, collaborative, and/or solution focused practice.
When applying, please submit a thoughtful Cover Letter and Resume outlining your interest and relevant experience.
At e4c diversity is our strength. We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants. We welcome your application regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity, sexual orientation or faith.
Thank you to all those apply. Only those short-listed will be contacted for an interview.