Wellness Coach – Buffalo Home (Women’s House)
Does self-care, recovery, harm reduction, mental health, addictions and other social issues align with your personal knowledge on wellness? Are you passionate about collaboration, social justice and innovation? Are you passionate about personal wellness and modelling what practicing self-care and/or recovery looks like? e4c is hiring for a Wellness Coach in one of the homes located in the Edmonton Inner City in our supportive housing program that provides housing for people who due to histories of trauma and related mental illness and addictions need enhanced levels of housing support.
The Wellness Coach is empathetic, caring, engaged and capitalizes on opportunities to model wellness programming and initiatives with residents using a holistic approach that incorporates aspects of emotional, spiritual, mental, and physical wellness. You will create a safe, free of judgement, fun and engaging community within the home to support residents to achieve their own identified wellness goals.
Hours: Full-time: Wednesday to Sunday: 4:30pm to 12:00am
Why Join Our Team
- Full time position includes: health, dental, RRSP contributions, a robust employee assistance program and other work related benefits.
- In-house collaborative training opportunities and supervisory coaching sessions to build knowledge, skills and tools relevant to your role and duties as a leader.
- Be supervised and mentored through observation, formal and informal coaching sessions and overall recognition of successes in support of your professional capacity.
- Connect with a variety of stakeholders – team members, residents, general public and community members to build and model positive neighbor relations.
In Your Role You Will
- Coach and model wellness and self-care practices within the home and with residents.
- Implement and coordinate resident recreational activities that align with personal wellness plans in collaboration with the Wellness Manager.
- Foster a fun, engaging and community environment within the house to explore wellness with residents.
- Communicate and receive information from integrated staff team regarding progress of the residents, significant changes in behavior, and any concerns/challenges that the resident is experiencing.
- Work within a framework of natural law/natural consequences and relationship-based practice to implement relevant accountability processes.
- Utilize self and own personal wellness as a tool to build authentic relationships with residents.
- Engage residents with meal preparation and clean-up.
- Administer medication for all residents.
- Clean and maintain household to ensure compliance with all legislation, bylaws and standards (health, safety, fire, city and accreditation).
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with community stakeholders and act as a point of contact for the community during evening hours.
Education and Certifications
- Degree or diploma in the area of human services, education and/or administration.
- Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector.
- Child Intervention Record Check.
- Required (or willingness to obtain): First Aid and CPR, Medication Administration, Suicide Intervention, Food Safety Training
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License, Proof of Vehicle Registration and Vehicle Insurance (with 2 million dollar liability coverage), 3 Year Driver’s abstract and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Recommended: Mental Health First Aid, De-escalation Certificate, Harm Reduction Training and Cultural Awareness, Motivational Interviewing.
- 1+ year of related direct service work experience working with diverse communities with varying and complex priorities and needs.
- Working knowledge and experience with harm reduction, person-centered, trauma-informed, behavior modification, natural law, strength based, collaborative, and/or solution focused practice.
- Personal lived experience of addictions, mental illness, racism, discrimination, poverty is an asset.
- Proven ability to foster a team environment.
- Experience working in collaborative partnerships.
Please forward a thoughtful Cover Letter and Resume outlining your interest and relevant experiences to:
At e4c diversity is our strength. We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants. We welcome your application regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity or faith.
Thank you to all those apply and those who are short-listed will be contacted.