Wellness Coach – Women’s Transitional Housing
Does self-care, recovery, harm reduction, mental health, addictions and other social issues align with your personal knowledge on wellness? Are you passionate about modelling what personal wellness, self-care and recovery looks like? e4c is hiring for a Wellness Coach that supports self-identifying women who due to histories of trauma, related mental illness and addictions need enhanced levels of housing support.
The Wellness Coach is empathetic, caring, engaged and capitalizes on opportunities to model wellness programming and initiatives with residents using a holistic approach incorporating aspects of emotional, spiritual, mental, and physical wellness. You will create a safe, free of judgement, fun and engaging community within the home to support residents to achieve their own identified wellness goals.
Hours: Full-time: Wednesday to Sunday: 4:30pm to 12:00am
Why Join Our Team
- Robust benefit program, RRSP contributions, 3 weeks’ vacation, EAP and other work related benefits.
- In-house collaborative training opportunities and supervisory coaching sessions to build knowledge, skills and tools relevant to your role.
- Be mentored through observations, formal and informal coaching sessions to support your professional capacity.
- Connect with a variety of stakeholders – team members, residents, general public and community members to build and model positive neighbor relations.
In Your Role You Will
- Coach and model recreational and self-care practices within the home and with residents.
- Implement and coordinate resident recreational activities that align with personal wellness plans in collaboration with the Wellness Manager.
- Foster a fun, engaging and community environment within the home.
- Communicate and receive information from integrated staff team regarding residents.
- Work within a framework of natural consequences and relationship-based practices to implement relevant accountability processes.
- Engage residents with meal preparation and clean-up.
- Assist with medication for all residents.
- Clean and maintain household to ensure compliance with all legislation, bylaws and standards.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with community stakeholders and act as a point of contact for the community.
Education and Certifications
- Diploma in the area of human services, education and/or administration.
- Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector.
- Required (or willingness to obtain): First Aid and CPR, Medication Administration, Suicide Intervention, Food Safety Training
- Participation in AHS Personal Protective Equipment and You E-Learning Course must be completed prior to employment.
- Recommended: Mental Health First Aid, De-escalation Certificate, Harm Reduction Training and Cultural Awareness, Motivational Interviewing.
- 1+ year of related direct service work experience working with diverse communities with varying and complex priorities and needs.
- Working knowledge and experience with harm reduction, person-centered, trauma-informed, behavior modification, natural law, strength based, collaborative, and/or solution focused practice.
- Personal lived experience of addictions, mental illness, racism, discrimination, poverty is an asset.
- Proven ability to foster a team environment.
- Experience working in collaborative partnerships.
Please forward a thoughtful Cover Letter and Resume outlining your interest and relevant experiences to:
At e4c diversity is our strength. We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants. We welcome your application regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity, sexual orientation or faith.
Thank you to all those apply and those who are short-listed will be contacted.