Wellness Coach – Young Adult Transitional Housing
Are you passionate about collaboration, social justice and innovation? Is personal wellness for yourself defined as a dynamic process of change and growth related to all aspects of life? e4c is looking for a Wellness Coach who will create a safe, free of judgement and engaging community within the home to support residents (ages 16-25) to achieve their own identified wellness goals.
e4c permanent supportive housing operates on the cycle of the day, drawing inspiration from the recovery motto of “one day at a time”. The model provides wrap around team staffing that includes clinical supports with a community-based approach, focused on reciprocity, relationship, and wellness. The Life Skills Coordinator works during the day to support the residents and build their capacity.
Hours: Full-time: Monday to Friday: 4:30pm to 12:00am
Why Join Our Team
- In-house collaborative training opportunities and supervisory coaching sessions to build knowledge, skills and tools relevant to your role and duties.
- Robust benefit program, RRSP contributions, 3 weeks’ vacation, EAP and other work related benefits.
- Be supervised and mentored through observation, formal and informal coaching session and overall recognition of successes in support of your professional capacity.
- Connect with a variety of stakeholders – team members, residents, general public and community members to build and model positive neighbor relations.
In Your Role You Will
- Coach and model wellness and self-care practices within the home and with residents.
- Implement and coordinate resident recreational activities that align with personal wellness plans in collaboration with the Wellness Manager.
- Foster a fun, engaging and community environment within the house to explore wellness with residents.
- Communicate and receive information from integrated staff team regarding progress of the residents, significant changes in behavior, and any concerns/challenges that the resident is experiencing.
- Promote conflict resolution, positive communication, empathy and respect (through positive reinforcement, role modeling and supportive listening).
- Work within a framework of natural law/natural consequences and relationship-based practice to implement relevant accountability processes.
- Administer medication for all residents.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with community stakeholders and act as a point of contact for the community.
- Clean and maintain household to ensure compliance with all legislation, bylaws and standards (health, safety, fire, city and accreditation).
Education and Certifications
- Diploma in the area of human services, education, administration or related discipline.
- Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector.
- Child Intervention Record Check.
- Required (or willingness to obtain): First Aid and CPR, Medication Administration, Suicide Intervention, Food Safety Training
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License, Proof of Vehicle Registration and Vehicle Insurance (with 2 million dollar liability coverage), 3 Year Driver’s abstract and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Recommended: Mental Health First Aid, De-escalation Certificate, Harm Reduction Training and Cultural Awareness, Motivational Interviewing.
- 1+ year of related direct service work experience working with diverse communities with varying and complex priorities and needs.
- Working knowledge and experience with harm reduction, person-centered, trauma-informed, behavior modification, natural law, strength based, collaborative, and/or solution focused practice.
- Personal lived experience of addictions, mental illness, racism, discrimination, poverty is an asset.
- Proven ability to foster a team environment.
- Experience working in collaborative partnerships.
When applying, please submit a thoughtful Cover Letter and Resume that outlines your relevant experience and qualifications:
At e4c diversity is our strength. We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants. We welcome your application regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity, sexual orientation or faith.
Thank you to all those apply and those who are short-listed will be contacted.