Wellness Manager – Bear Den (Transitional Housing)
Due to a recent internal promotion, e4c is hiring for a Wellness Manager in one of our Transitional Housing homes located within the Edmonton Inner City! The Wellness Manager coordinates and supports the delivery of housing and wellness programming for people who due to histories of trauma and related mental illness and addictions, need enhanced levels of housing support.
Are you passionate about social justice, collaboration and innovation? Does self-care, recovery, harm reduction, mental health, addictions and other social issues related to personal wellness align with your own knowledge as a leader? Do you draw inspiration from your own lived experiences and recovery journey when forming meaningful relationships in your everyday work?
The Wellness Manager could be the next step in your leadership career where you will focus on building relationships through non-judgmental, empathetic and person-centered approaches. You will plan and implement wellness programming and initiatives with residents using a holistic approach that incorporates aspects of emotional, spiritual, mental, and physical wellness. You will supervise and support a team of four Wellness Coaches to establish a safe space that encourages open dialogue and fosters a supportive in-house community!
Hours: Full-time: Monday to Friday: 2:00pm to 10:00pm with potential weekend work and on-call responsibilities required.
Why Join Our Team
- Full time position includes: health, dental, matching RRSP, a robust employee assistance program and other work related benefits.
- In-house collaborative training opportunities and supervisory coaching sessions to build knowledge, skills and tools relevant to your role and duties as a leader.
- Supervise and support a team of like-minded individuals through observation, the recognition of successes, providing constructive feedback and building upon their professional capacities.
- Connect with a variety of stakeholders – team members, residents, general public and community members to build and model positive neighbor relations.
In Your Role You Will
- Coordinate the daily delivery of safe housing and wellness support programming through training, consultation and supervision of the Wellness Team.
- Collaborate with integrated staff team to ensure that wellness planning aligns with resident care plans.
- Communicate and receive information from housing program team regarding progress of the residents, significant changes in behavior, and any concerns/challenges that the resident is experiencing.
- Support the Site Manager with the intake and referral process.
- Recruit personnel in conjunction with the e4c Human Resources Department and Site Manager.
- Facilitates regular meetings with house residents to plan wellness goals and activities.
- Oversee, develop and administer the wellness and recreation budget for wellness activities and initiatives.
- Compile wellness program reports of activities and statistics and communicate outcomes to stakeholders and relevant parties.
- Builds rapport and works with neighbors, community members, staff and residents to build and model positive neighbor relations and facilitate on-going relationship building.
- Administer medication for all residents.
Education and Certifications
- Degree or diploma in the area of human services, education and/or administration.
- Police Check with Vulnerable Sector
- Child Intervention Record Check.
- First Aid and CPR
- Medication Administration
- Suicide Intervention
- Food Safety
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Proof of vehicle insurance, registration and 3 year drivers abstract
- Mental Health First Aid
- De-escalation Certificate
- Harm Reduction Training
- Cultural Awareness
- Three (3) years of related direct service work experience.
- Proven ability to foster a team environment and provide reflective supervision to team members.
- Personal lived experience of addictions, mental illness, racism, discrimination, poverty is an asset
- Experience working in collaborative partnerships
- Working knowledge and experience with harm reduction, person-centered, trauma-informed, behavior modification, natural law, strength based, collaborative, and/or solution focused practice.
When applying, please send a thoughtful Cover Letter and Resume that includes how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of this position.
At e4c diversity is our strength. We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants. We welcome your application regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity or faith.
Thank you to all those apply and those who are short-listed will be contacted.