Wellness Manager – Permanent Supportive Housing
Are you looking for your next leadership opportunity in supporting people to explore what wellness means to them in a home setting? Does self-care, harm reduction, mental health, addictions, anti-oppression, Indigenous frameworks, and other social issues align with your personal knowledge on wellness? Do you draw inspiration from your own lived experiences and recovery journey when forming meaningful reciprocal relationships? Are you passionate about incorporating aspects of wellness to foster an inclusive in-home community for 20 residents who due to histories of trauma and currently related mental illness and addictions, need enhanced levels of housing supports?
e4c is hiring a Wellness Manager who utilizes a holistic approach to wellness that incorporates aspects of emotional, spiritual, mental, and physical wellness. You will supervise and support a team of four Wellness Coaches to model wellness supports for residents that are person-centred, trauma informed, culturally appropriate, recovery-based, adaptable, and spontaneous, while maintaining a clean and safe space. You will play a lead role in decision making during evening hours and a lead role in maintaining positive relations within the community.
Hours: Monday to Friday from 2:00pm to 10:00pm and may include weekend work and on-call responsibilities to meet resident needs.
Why Join Our Team
- To build connections with people and the community through the work that we do.
- In-house collaborative training opportunities and supervisory coaching sessions to build knowledge, skills and tools relevant to your role and duties as a leader.
- Full time position includes: health, dental, RRSP contributions, 4 weeks’ vacation time, sick/personal time, a robust employee assistance program and other work related benefits.
In Your Role You Will
- Coordinate the daily delivery of safe housing and wellness support programming through training, consultation and supervision of the Wellness Team.
- Supervise and support the Wellness team through supervision, the recognition of successes, providing constructive feedback, improving their professional capacities and maintaining appropriate documentation.
- Create opportunities to explore wellness and ensuring they align with resident care plans in collaboration with the integrated staff team.
- Communicate and receive information from housing program team regarding progress of the residents, significant changes in behavior, and any concerns/challenges that the resident is experiencing.
- Support the Site Manager with the intake and referral process.
- Recruit personnel in conjunction with the e4c Human Resources Department and Site Manager.
- Oversee, develop and administer the wellness and recreation budget for wellness activities and initiatives.
- Compile wellness reports of activities and statistics to stakeholders and relevant parties.
- Build rapport and work with neighbors, community members, staff and residents to build and model positive neighbor relations and facilitate on-going relationship building.
- Administer medication for all residents.
Education and Certifications
- Diploma in the area of social services, human services, education or a related discipline.
- Police Check with Vulnerable Sector
- First Aid and CPRMedication Administration
- Suicide Intervention
- Food Safety
- Access to and use of a reliable operating vehicle including: valid class 5 driver’s license, vehicle insurance, vehicle registration and 3 year driver’s abstract.
- 3+ years of related direct service work experience working with diverse communities with varying and complex priorities and needs.
- Proven ability to foster a team environment and provide reflective supervision to team members.
- Experience working in collaborative partnerships.
- Personal lived experience of addictions, mental illness, racism, discrimination, poverty is an asset
- Working knowledge and experience with harm reduction, person-centered, trauma-informed, behavior modification, natural law, strength based, collaborative, and solution focused practice.
When applying, please send a thoughtful Cover Letter and Resume that includes how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of this position.
At e4c diversity is our strength. We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants. We welcome your application regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity, sexual orientation or faith.
Thank you to all those apply and those who are short-listed will be contacted.