Wellness Manager – Transitional Housing
Do you identify as a leader who is passionate about social justice, social change, innovation and collaborative work? Are you seeking a leadership opportunity that is focused on building relationships through non-judgmental, harm-reduction, person-centered, trauma-informed, strength-based and solution focused practices? If you self-identify as driven, a team player and a wellness champion – the Wellness Manager could be the next leadership step in your career!
You will support residents who due to histories of trauma and related mental illness and addictions need enhanced levels of housing support. Through a model of wrap around team staffing that includes clinical supports – you will ensure that the program and its day-to-day operations meet both residents’ needs and agency/funder requirements. You will draw inspiration from the recovery motto of ‘one day at a time’ and model personal wellness, self-care, and recovery based upon self-identified goals of the residents!
Hours: Monday to Friday from 2:00pm to 10:00pm with potential weekend work and on-call responsibilities required.
(Due to AHS recommendations, applicants who are working at multiple congregate living or healthcare sites may not be considered.)
Why Join Our Team
- Empower residents to explore their own personal wellness interests and goals.
- In-house collaborative training opportunities and supervisory coaching sessions to build knowledge, skills and tools relevant to your role and duties as a leader.
- Robust benefit program, RRSP contributions, 4 weeks’ vacation, EAP and other work related benefits.
- Connect with a variety of stakeholders – team members, residents, general public and community members to build and model positive neighbor relations.
In Your Role You Will
- Coordinate the daily delivery of safe housing and wellness support programming through training, consultation and supervision of house support staff.
- Support the Wellness Coaches and Weekend Wellness Coordinator to work with residents to meet individual goals.
- Collaborate with Life Skills team, clinical staff, and Site Manager to ensure that wellness planning aligns with resident care plans.
- Communicate and receive information from housing program team regarding progress of the residents, significant changes in behavior, and any concerns/challenges that the resident is experiencing.
- Recruit personnel in conjunction with the e4c Human Resources Department and Site Manager.
- Facilitates regular meetings with house residents to plan wellness goals and activities.
- Oversee, develop and administer the wellness and recreation budget for pre-planned wellness activities.
- Manage wellness program information through the: handling client and program personnel information; preparation of summary reports of activities and statistics; and communication and consultation with stakeholders and relevant parties.
- Builds rapport and works with neighbors, community members, staff and residents to build and model positive neighbor relations and facilitate on-going relationship building.
- Administer medication for all residents.
Education and Certifications
- Diploma in the area of human services, education and/or administration.
- Police Check with Vulnerable Sector.
- First Aid and CPR
- Certifications (or willingness to obtain): Medication Administration, Suicide Intervention, Food Safety
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Proof of vehicle insurance, registration and 3 year drivers abstract
- Participation in AHS Personal Protective Equipment and You E-Learning Course must be completed prior to employment.
- Certifications: Mental Health First Aid, De-escalation Certificate, Harm Reduction Training, Cultural Awareness
- Three (3) years of related direct service work experience.
- Working knowledge and experience with harm reduction, person-centered, trauma-informed, behavior modification, natural law, strength based, collaborative, and/or solution focused practice.
- Proven ability to foster a team environment and provide reflective supervision to team members.
- Personal lived experience of addictions, mental illness, racism, discrimination, poverty is an asset
- Experience working in collaborative partnerships
When applying, please send a thoughtful Cover Letter and Resume that includes how your interest, skills and experience meet the qualifications of this position.
At e4c diversity is our strength. We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants. We welcome your application regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity, sexual orientation or faith.
Thank you to all those apply. Only those short-listed will be contacted for an interview.