Wellness Manager – Transitional Housing
Are you organized, collaborative and a wellness champion? Are you passionate about building relationships with people? Do you have an understanding of challenges that young adults ages 18-25 with histories of past trauma, related mental illness
You will use your knowledge of harm reduction, mental health, self-care and other forms of wellness to support residents who due to histories of trauma, related mental illness and addictions require enhanced levels of housing support. The Wellness Manager is an opportunity for a grounded leader who has experience planning and supporting wellness goals with residents through a holistic lens of incorporating aspects of mental, spiritual, physical and emotional well-being. You will create and foster a safe space for residents and supervise a team of wellness coaches.
Hours: Monday to Friday: 2:00pm to 10:00pm with potential weekend work and on-call responsibilities based on young adult needs.
Why Join Our Team
- Empower residents to explore their own personal wellness interests and goals.
- In-house collaborative training opportunities and supervisory coaching sessions to build knowledge, skills and tools relevant to your role and duties as a leader.
- Support a team of like-minded individuals through observation, the recognition of successes and building upon their professional capacities.
- Robust benefit program, RRSP contributions, 4 weeks’ vacation, EAP and other work related benefits.
In Your Role You Will
- Coordinate the daily delivery of safe housing and wellness support programming through training, consultation and supervision of house support staff.
- Support the Wellness Coaches and Weekend Wellness Coordinator to work with residents to meet individual goals.
- Collaborate with the Life Skills team, clinical staff, and Site Manager to ensure that wellness planning aligns with resident care plans.
- Communicate and receive information from housing program team regarding progress of the residents and any challenges that residents may be experiencing.
- Recruit personnel in partnership with the e4c Human Resources Department and Site Manager.
- Facilitate regular meetings with house residents to plan wellness goals and activities.
- Oversee, develop and administer the wellness and recreation budget for pre-planned wellness activities.
- Manage wellness program information through summary reports of activities and statistics, communication and consultation with stakeholders.
- Builds rapport and works with neighbors, community members, staff and residents to build and model positive neighbor relations and facilitate on-going relationship building.
- Administer medication for all residents.
Education and Certifications
- Diploma in the area of human services, education and/or administration.
- Police Check with Vulnerable Sector Check
- Intervention Record Check.
- First Aid and CPR.
- Certifications (or willingness to obtain): Medication Administration, Suicide Intervention, Food Safety
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License, Proof of vehicle insurance, registration and 5 year drivers abstract.
- Three (3) years of related direct service work experience.
- Working knowledge and experience with harm reduction, person-centered, trauma-informed, behavior modification, natural law, strength based, collaborative, and/or solution focused practice.
- Proven ability to foster a team environment and provide reflective supervision to team members.
- Personal lived experience of addictions, mental illness, racism, discrimination, poverty is an asset.
- Experience working in collaborative partnerships.
At e4c diversity is our strength. We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants. We welcome your application regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity, sexual orientation or faith.