Wellness Network Coordinator
Are you resourceful, organized and have an interest in facilitating opportunities to provide mental health support services? Do you have a passion in supporting individuals and what their optimal wellness state looks like?
e4c is hiring a Wellness Network Coordinator that is part of a recovery college collaboration of community partners who work together to provide individuals and families with opportunities to achieve optimal wellness who may be struggling with addiction and/or mental health concerns. The Wellness Network Coordinator is the lead person in delivering self-directed recovery and learning opportunities that focus on recovery which means encouraging individuals to use their strengths and personal responsibility on what wellness dimensions are most important to them! You will play a pivotal role in overseeing all recovery college operations and oversee a team of three Peer Navigators.
Hours: Full-time: Monday to Friday: 40 hours per week.
Why Join Our Team
- Empower individuals and families to identify individualized self-directed wellness initiatives and learning opportunities.
- In-house collaborative training opportunities and supervisory coaching sessions to build knowledge, skills and tools relevant to your role and duties.
- Robust benefit program, RRSP contributions, 4 weeks’ vacation, EAP and other work related benefits.
- Connect with a variety of stakeholders – team members, partners, general public and community members to build and model positive neighbor relations.
In Your Role You Will
- Develop and operate the Wellness Network and learning opportunities in collaboration with e4c, Alberta Health Services and community partners.
- Implement registration and recognition processes for peers, facilitators and learners.
- Support Peer Navigators with introduction meetings with learners to identify interests, goals, barriers and opportunities related to mental health and well-being.
- Engage with Peer Navigators, facilitators, learners, and other stakeholders to develop Wellness Network services.
- Recruit, train, supervise and support a team of three Peer Navigators through regular supervision and team meetings.
Recovery College Development
- Design, produce, distribute and promote course delivery, prospectuses, curricula and other promotional materials.
- Identify and book course venues in the Edmonton community to implement Wellness Network initiatives.
- Prepare and present teaching resources in community venues in coordination with the AHS WRAP Coordinator.
Social Media and Website Management
- Coordinate digital and external communications related to the Wellness Network.
- Maintain the Wellness Network website and social media presence in collaboration with the Alberta Health Services Recovery Action Plan Coordinator.
- Create a program timetable for all Wellness Network workshops, courses and activities.
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Human Ecology, Public Health, Community Development or related discipline.
- Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector
- Intervention Record Check
- Required Certifications (or willingness to obtain):
- Standard First Aid
- Mental Health First Aid
- Suicide Intervention
- Food Safety
- Requires use of personal vehicle, valid Class 5 Driver’s License, Driver’s Abstract, Vehicle Registration and Insurance ($2 million dollar liability).
- 5+ years’ direct experience working with marginalized, high risk and vulnerable populations.
- 3+ years of progressive leadership experience including staff leadership, change management and overseeing team members.
- Experience and working knowledge of harm reduction, person-centered, trauma-informed, strength based, natural law, and/or solution focused practices.
- Experience and working knowledge of community resources related to physical health, mental health, addictions, child and family supports, legal, cultural, income and housing supports.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment including Microsoft Office, web browsing and skills in a database management.
- Personal lived experience of addictions, mental illness, racism, discrimination or poverty is an asset.
Please submit a thoughtful Cover Letter and Resume outlining your relevant experience, qualifications and interest to:
At e4c diversity is our strength. We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants. We welcome your application regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or faith.
Thank you to all those apply and those who are short-listed will be contacted.