Youth Housing Support Worker
Are you an organized, resourceful and a team player who is passionate in supporting young adults (ages 16-24) with their household & tenancy goals while ensuring their needs are being met? The Youth Housing First Program utilizes a critical time intervention (CTI) approach to empower young adults to self-determine their interests and goals in support of their housing and tenancy needs.
You will build relationships with program participants through the use of non-judgmental, person-centered and goal-oriented approaches through the exploration of their talents and interests to support their tenancy goals and connections with their communities. You will advocate for youth housing sustainability through collaboration with community service providers, coordinating referral services to support housing and living expenses and performing at home visitations. You will manage a caseload of 20 young adult participants, provide on-going support and ensure that data collection and management supports participant outcomes.
Hours: Full-time 40 hours per week and requires regular travel around the city of Edmonton.
(Due to AHS recommendations, applicants who are working at multiple congregate living or healthcare sites may not be considered.)
Why Join Our Team
- Empower youth through rapport building, role modelling and life skills building activities.
- Robust benefits program, 3 weeks’ vacation, EAP and other work related benefits.
- In-house collaborative training opportunities and coaching sessions to build knowledge, skills and tools relevant to your role.
- Connect with a variety of stakeholders – team members, residents, general public and community members to build and model positive neighbor relations.
In Your Role You Will
- Build relationships with the youth and their supports to ensure that their needs are being met.
- Advocate for youth housing sustainability, health, and other basic needs.
- Coordinate and refer services accessed by youths.
- Provide on-going support to youths once they have transitioned into the community through home visitations.
- Explore with youths their hidden talents and interests and support them in the development of those talents and interests.
- Develop and maintain case assessments, data entry and data collection.
- Secure funding for youth housing and living expenses through community resources including Alberta Works, AISH, Child and Family Services.
- Maintain client efforts through the use of ETO database.
Education and Certifications
- Diploma in Social Work, Child and Youth Care, in a human service field or equivalent.
- Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Child Intervention Check.
- Required (or willingness to obtain): Standard First Aid, Suicide Intervention Training, De-escalation, Harm Reduction and Aboriginal Awareness Training.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Proof of Vehicle Insurance (with proof of $2 million dollar liability coverage), Vehicle Registration and 3 Year Drivers Abstract.
- Participation in AHS Personal Protective Equipment and You E-Learning Course must be completed prior to employment.
- Certificates: Mental Health First Aid, De-escalation
- 1+ year of related direct service experience; previous experience working with youth is an asset.
- Experience working with LGBTQ2+, Indigenous, refugee and immigrant populations.
- Working knowledge of harm reduction, abuse and trauma, sexual exploitation, addictions, mental health, homelessness, inner city, indigenous culture and community resource supports.
- Experience with documentation and data collection practices to help inform outcomes of program.
Please submit a Cover Letter and Resume outlining your experience and qualifications to:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: e4calberta.org
At e4c diversity is our strength. We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants. We welcome your application regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity, sexual orientation or faith.
Thank you to all those apply. Only those short-listed will be contacted for an interview.