The Women’s Emergency Accommodation Centre (WEAC) offers homeless women an emergency place to stay
Where is it?
The triangle shaped building on the corner of Jasper Avenue and 96 Street
What is offered?
- Your own bed in a room with one to six other women
- Sheets, a pillow and a blanket (or two) and a towel for when you are here
- Three meals a day
- Showers and free laundry
- Help for you to handle and take your medication, if any
- Access to a computer with Internet
- Basic outreach support including help finding your own home or looking for a job
- Transgender women are welcome
How do I access service?
Please call WEAC at 780-423-5302. We do intakes all day everyday. Once you call, you will be added to our daily list and when a bed is available, we will call you to come in.
If you have no income or if you are not on a fixed income, the service is free.
Once admitted, if you are on AISH, a service fee of $626 per month is required.
If you are on a fixed income and making over $1588 per month a service fee of 30% of your income is required.
9611 – 101A Avenue
Edmonton AB T5H 3V5